SPORTSMANSHIP CODE OF CONDUCT
The mission of Fishkill Recreation is to promote fun, health, competition, and athleticism through sportsmanship and fair play. Our leagues/events should be played with good sportsmanship. Although competition may become intense, we expect our coaches, athletes, staff, parents, and spectators to maintain good sportsmanship up to and after the final whistle. Sports are filled with judgment calls and, as a result, disputes between players, opponents, and staff may occur from time to time. However, it is important that participants respect and handle all disputes that may occur in a civilized manner. As a coach, athlete, staff, parent, or spectator in any Fishkill Recreation sport, you must pledge to:
- Respect the game, play fairly, and follow all rules and policies.
- Accept the decisions of officials and site directors with good grace.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games, win or lose.
- Represent oneself, the team, and the program in a positive demeanor.
- Be responsible for the sportsmanship of myself and teammates. And assist in maintaining a respectful environment for all participants.
- Be courteous to opposing teams, parents, spectators, officials, monitors, or facilitators and treat all with respect.
- Help to maintain and keep all equipment and conditions at the facility/park in good condition.
- Obey all facility rules, while respecting all equipment, common areas, playing areas, parking areas, and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Refrain from the use of abusive language or profanity.
- Not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or wellbeing of any player, official, staff member, parent, or spectator.
- Not engage in verbal, written, or physical threats or abuse aimed at any participant, official, staff member, or spectator.
- Not initiate a fight, scuffle, or exchange with any individual (including but not limited to: pushing, shoving, punching, kicking, etc.).
- Not use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs at any location.
- Wear/use all required and issued equipment and/or uniforms.
- The decision of the officials and/or site director is final.